Monday 24 September 2012

Fourth Risk - Femininty as Faith


Date: Saturday, September 22, 2012

Risk: Go on a first date and be in receiving mode instead of giving mode. (I.e. don’t be the one to fill in the silences, accept compliments graciously).
Purpose of Risk: I like the idea of ‘femininity as grace, reception and faith.’ I’ve been exploring the possibility of being more ‘feminine’ so that I may experience more ease. I feel that if I trust the universe and others and explore experiences without pushing for any specific outcome, I may feel more at peace, and have more fun.
Execution: While I was on the date I found myself pushing for specific outcomes constantly! Without thinking, I would fill silences and suggest things to do. I even realized that asking what we were going to do next or clarifying specific things was a way that I was being untrusting. The biggest example is that at one point I started giving my date options of what we could do in the area, and he just stopped me and said something like “Hey, why don’t you listen to my options?” I stopped myself and realized that I needed to focus back on my femininity risk!
Analysis: I think that giving up control of situations and letting things flow without a plan would be a very freeing skill to develop. I like the part of myself who is able to plan things really well and who likes making conversation, but I definitely think that the ability to cultivate faith and give up control is important too. It allows me to live with more ease, and give the other people in my life the chance to take the lead and plan things their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment